Military Towbar Needed for M35A2 Towing CUCV...

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 00:02:48 PDT

Hello List...

I have rented my M35A2 and my Suburban CUCV out for a weekend combat
simulation operation (Operation: Savage Garden III) in Reno, NV in
August for $1000 for the weekend. I will drive the vehicles to
various locations here in the SF Bay Area to pick up props and
equipment in the deuce, then will drive them up to the AO and will
operate the M35A2 in the combat simulation (I will have a trusted
associate operate the CUCV). There will also be a HMMWV but that
belongs to someone else.

Anyway, I want to purchase a military towbar from someone on the list
to pull the Suburban up to the AO.

I believe the NSN for this towbar set is 4910-01-365-9304. I need it
to be complete with all parts as follows (according to the TM):

  o Fixed leg and movable leg (2)
  o Male legs (2 each)
  o 3/4-inch rod end clevises (2 each)
  o 1-inch rod end clevises (2 each)
  o 3/4-inch pin assemblies for clevises & leg length adj. (4 each)
  o 1-inch pin assemblies for clevises & leg length adj. (5 each)
  o Clamp assembly (2 each)
  o Lock washers (2 each)
  o Hexagon head cap screws (2 each)
  o Towbar hook (1 each)
  o Hexagon plain nut (1 each)
  o Towbar clamp (1 each)
  o Chain assembly (1 each)
  o Quick-release pins (9 each)

For clarification (and if you need a copy of this) you can get the TM
for this towbar from my server at the following URL:

  http://www.cucv.net/afm/m35a2/TM_9-4910-593-12P.pdf

The Suburban DOES have the CUCV shackles, posts and pins...I'm looking
for the military towbar that connects in place of the shackles on the
CUCV and then connects to the pintle of the M35A2.

Please let me know if you have one for sale and can get it to my door
within a week or so of receiving my payment.

Thank you!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 Military CUCV Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 3/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net