RE: High Compression Jeep Heads

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 08:34:54 PDT

Hello Stahlsfarm: Its Rob here.
I have had a nice bunch of replies to my questions re the ribbed head being
high compression?
Very interesting indeed.
Some people have never heard of it !
Some people have it associated with High Altitude !
Some people said it does not exist !
Some peole have given the actual compression Ratios as being -

Std.: 6.9:1 Hi-Comp. 7.4:1
About 1/2 a point.

So, I have enough info., to make an informed judgement that I should bolt on
the high compression head ...and then you come along and say, that "your 3
heads, all look the same " !

Well Now I'm forced intp two more actions.
1]
Take my std. head off and measure it against my ribbed head !

2]
Wait for more conclusive OR inconclusive information freom other listers
before this thread dies a normal death.

Thanks again to all who responded !
Aussie Rob
Upstate NY near Syracuse.