Re: [MV] Weare Photos

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 20:23:27 PDT

GAAAK!!!

Ahem, sorry, Richard, frog in me throat... :-)

For the unenlightened among you, I shall now translate...

These most EXCELLENT pictures (note their natural predominance on the
web page :-), are of a Canadian-manufactured, late-war C8A-PERS 'Heavy
Utility Personnel' van (hence, 'HUP'). They were manufactured by General
Motors of Canada in the Oshawa, Ontario plant from 1942 to 1945 in
several variants, total number 12,967. The original contract and
specification for this class of vehicle (previous types but similar
design) was British, dating from 1940, hence the right-hand drive.