Re: [MV] Alcohols

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 11 2001 - 06:10:15 PDT

I use to purchase serious alcohol from NAPA to use as antifreeze
in the air brake system of my truck-tractor. I have no idea of what
type it was, but I recall how cold it felt when I spilled some on my
hands (high rate of evaporation). I don't know what the long term
results will be, but I just used the dollar a bottle dry gas, the stuff
that gets added to the gas tank to disperse water, to flush out
brake lines.
There is a difference in DOT 5 and DOT 5.1 and to the best of my
knowledge, DOT 5 is the mil-spec stuff.
Joe Young
www.joeyoung.com
2001 Indian mc now in stable