Re: [MV] Alcohols

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 01:31:03 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. Forster" <jfor@onemain.com>
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2001 8:50 AM
Subject: [MV] Alcohols

> Methyl alcohol is also called wood alcohol or methylated spirits. It is
NOT
> drinkable and is, in fact, VERY TOXIC and causes blindness, among other
things.
> It's vapor is somewhat toxic also. This stuff is avalable at chemical
supply
> houses and from solvent dealers. It may require some forms and waste
tracking.

At last, a definition of our common "meths" found in most households.

I can report that a single taste (from years ago) is like very strong and
rough Gin, but note we have a vagrant sub-culture known as "Meths-Drinkers"
who turn to this when money for the cheapest booze is unavailable.

Methylated spirit is the recommended flushing medium here for silicon fluid
conversion.

Richard
Southampton - England