Military Trains (modern)

From: Dave Merchant (kosh@nesys.com)
Date: Thu Aug 23 2001 - 18:22:00 PDT

Just saw a huge eastbound military movement on the
ex-LS+MS, ex-NYC, ex-PC, ex-CR, now-CSX mainline thru NE Ohio.
Going fast!

Any of you in northern PA or upstate NY might run outside to take a look,
(assuming it doesn't turn right at Ashtabula).

An absolute mishmash of everything in the current inventory,
loaded in no apparent order, with a long string of 20 foot ISO boxes
on flats in the middle of the train.

Included zillions of humvees in every configuration, many with doors off,
all forms of HMMT, bunch of lowboy transporters, one dozer,
a couple longarm forklifts, etc etc. Mostly green, some tan.

...but now to my question...
...is there a DOD directive that they MUST be run just after sundown,
so it's impossible to take pictures?

If I'd had my low-light video camera along, it would have been a great
piece of tape!

BTW, did not hear the usual security escort chatter on the scanner this time,
otherwise I might have been better prepared.

-Dave Merchant

Dave Merchant
http://www.nesys.com
http://www.nesys.com/3d.html
http://www.nesys.com/HCEA/index.html
http://www.ncweb.com/users/kosh/
kosh@nesys.com
kosh@ncweb.com

"Ah-roger, Stealth, we have you on radar!"