Re: [MV] FOIA (was Re: [MV] M-816)

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 22:36:53 PDT

--- jonathon <jemery@execpc.com> wrote:

> >Have you thought about a FOI (Freedom Of
> Information ) Act request?
>
> You have to pay for those unless you can prove
> something or other, I looked into this but I have
> forgotten what the requirement is to get them free.
> If you can't then you have to pay per page and it's
> pretty open as to cost per page and it's VERY open
> as to what they are going to copy and bill you for.
> You could get 10,000 pages of nothing at all that

Even if I have to pay, it would be worth it to get
some stuff on this freak at the code enforcement
office. (I refuse to refer to her as an "officer"
unless I'm doing so in an official letter.) I
understand what you mean about the unreasonably high
costs though...I think that goes against the spirit of
the FOIA in the same way their selective enforcement
of this code goes against the spirit of why it was
enacted. Remember, there's a 1968 Bronco directly
across the street from me that is neither registered
nor inspected and is indeed inoperable, unlike my
fully operational vehicle. I can't believe she had
the nerve to outright lie to me about talking to "HIM"
about the Bronco when only females live there.

I like the other idea someone had of getting a total
POS vehicle and parking it in front of her house --
registered, inspected, and insured of course. If it
doesn't look like a POS when I get it, I will make
sure it does before I park it there. Nothing a few
cans of flourescent Krylon can't handle. It'll sit at
her house for a while and the fire marshall's house
for a while...no reason one of the other should have
all the fun. :-)

TMB
1985 M1009 CUCV
1968 Ford Mustang