M151A2 Fixed and also a question about accuracy

From: Dave Brubaker (b52d@piace.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 12:01:06 PDT

I did finally get my Mutt fixed. It turned out to be the coil. Once
replaced it ran fine. The old one was metallic on the outside and the color
was sort of burnt metal, like a hi-temp part on a jet engine. Anyway all is
well now, many thanks to all of those who responded to my ignition question.

Now for the new question.........My vehicle is set up as an Air Force
security police vehicle, like those used on the flight line perimeters. The
question is would it be historically accurate to put some sort of rotating
beacon on the vehicle? I know that stateside, if you drive on the ramp or
across it, you are supposed to have a beacon for visibility purposes. If
the answer is yes, would the beacon be amber or red? Any advice would be
greatly appreciated.

David & Donna Brubaker
Member MVPA
President: Mid-Kansas MVPA, Wichita Ks.