Re: [MV] TERRORIST ATTACK IN NEW YORK & WASHINGTON

From: Daniel Terp (dterp@tallcity.com)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 12:42:09 PDT

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:17:45 -0400, you wrote:
> I would not want to even resemble a
>person af Arab descent on the streets of NYC or in an airport today.

New Yorkers don't lynch innocent people, we leave that to the KKK.

We work and live with immigrants every day, and we know most are just
simple people trying to make a better lives for themselves, like our
ancestors did.

But like Pearl Harbor, this act will certainly "awake a sleeping
giant, and fill him with a terrible resolve". Those guys didn't just
hit an embassy in East Jabib, they hit Wall Street.

I watched the towers burn and fall myself this morning from the roof
of my office building. I have friends that work there and I have no
idea if they are alive or dead.

These weren't soldiers at war who knew the odds, These were bartenders
and graphic designers doing their jobs. One just got engaged last
weekend to another long standing friend. I don't know if I'm attending
their wedding or not.

But I'm still not going to go pull some Arab tailor out of his shop
and beat him to death.

Yes, there will be military action from this, I and several million
other New Yorkers won't have it otherwise (and we're a mean bunch).

But it will be against the people responsible, not innocent people
with dark skin.

And I'm sure there will be some toys left over for you guys to play
with.