My son's letter

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 06:54:48 PDT

A letter from a one of America's kids, a young U.S. Army Ranger........

"On Dec.7 1941 a very wise and intelligent Naval Commander made the statement
that he feared all his plan had done was to awaken a sleeping giant. What
advice would that commander have given those who carried out this attack?

The hardest thing to do in a democracy is to create in a democracy a since of
unity and resolve. Yet once that has been accomplished there is no more
powerful force on earth. When the people of this country have decided that
we are at war, and innocent people will get harmed, and when they start to
realize that the object of the conflict is truly to protect a way of life
then they stop worrying about casualties and PR, they start worrying about
preservation.

There is not one bleeding heart liberal in New York City to day that can say
he will experience the same freedom tomorrow that he did before this
happened. There is only one way to regain that freedom, and strangely enough
the only way to regain that freedom is to be willing to carry out that which
was initially needed to acquire freedom in the first place. The justice that
we require that in actuality we HAVE to have in order to be free can only be
realized through violence. We did not choose this route, our enemies did. I
probably won't be able to get to be apart of it this time. And this must be
the last time.

We must set a precedence here that will not be forgotten, let the rest of the
world judge us how they may, our highest duty is not to world opinion but to
the foundation of what makes America great, the very thing that we have
defended for other countries we must now once again stand up and defend for
ourselves.

This incident has led me to start considering Delta try outs. I will not be
left out on the defense of this nation.

Take care,

Nick"