'39 115th QM Regt / 223rd Inf Regt Panel Truck

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 07:34:36 PDT

No disrespect to our tragedies...
An update on my poor old panel...
The very large "7" on the rear doors and now
on the hood are from the 7th Regiment, California State Guard. I also
found a buffalo, which is part of the 7th Regiment DUI. There are
California Poppies on three out of four doors. The Poppy is the
insignia for the California State Guard.
  This is an incredibly rare find, however limited
its popularity may be.
  This State Guard Unit only existed from 1943
or so to 1946.
  The State Guard was in charge of guarding California (in this case)
after the National Guard
folks had been shipped out to the PTO.
  The State Guard is now called the State Military Reserve (SMR).
  Since these folks are in charge of California military history, I hope
to finally get the kind of research help this project deserves.
  However, they may have war preparation on their minds right now.
  So: 1939 Ford 1.5 ton panel, originally owned
and converted by the 115th Quartermaster Regt, 40th Division, CA
National Guard. Then
used by the 7th Regiment, CA STATE Guard
until just after WWII. Sometime later, the 223rd
Infantry Regiment had it until it became a "California State" whatever
truck. CDF?
Thanks, and God Bless America!
Don Kenyon