[MV]Patriotism

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 07:34:57 PDT

List,
I figured some, maybe all, will appreciate this. It was suggested that
we park/hide our military vehicles, but Mar and I did the opposite. I put
a couple of flags on our NHMV (None Historical Military Vehicle since
it's too new to be historical for tagging) CUCV and I took her out for dinner.
We go to the Shell Pile Restaurant, a real South Jersey hangout with
red necks, oyster boat owners/captains, bikers, commercial crabbers,
fishermen and boat owners. On the way there, I had headlights blinked on
and off too me, along with a "thumbs up". In the restaurant, we were treated
to many drinks and the waitress even commented on our CUCV. I wasn't
wearing camo, so I don't know how they knew it was us that drove the
Blazer; guess they saw us pull in.
Left there and went to the VFW. On our way out, Mar lost her balance and
hit the deck. Well, she's put on a lot of weight since being mostly confined
to a recliner chair and I couldn't lift her up. I went back into the bar and
there
was one really big dude there. I pointed to him and said that I needed help.
He picked Mar up, put her dead arm around his neck and got her over and
into the CUCV. Americans, even though this fellow is from another country
but is a citizen, do pull together and will prove it in the face of the
current
crisis.
file:///C:/digpics/Blzflgs.jpg <-- take a look at Mar and the CUCV.
Joe Young