M-38A1 hub ?

From: lehmans@execpc.com
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 05:50:14 PDT

List,

I am gonna get to repacking the bearings on the new toy. The TM says
to get the hub off you pry off the hub-cap take out the cotterpin and
pull the hub. There are machine screws on the rears that are called
out (without mention what they do) but does one have to get these out
prior to pulling the hub? (Thought I would ask before I gobbered
something up.)

I got one that is sheared off and another that is stuck. I also
intend to replaced a lug nut stud (on the left w/lt hand thread which
I have a new one already) which some wizard who owned it before forced
a RH nut on it.. ? can I get to the rear of the hub to replace the lug
once I take off the hub/cotter pin assembly?

Tks,

Daryl
M-38A1 wip