Re: [MV] FW: [MVlist] Duese &1/2 insurance-other than JC??

From: Amnon Nissan (amnon@deltaforce.net)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 10:31:18 PDT

At 06:20 09/19/2001 -0700, Joe Garrett wrote:

>I have four of these trucks insured by State Farm. I pay approximately $12
>a month for liability, PIP, and uninsured motorist insurance. I am carrying
>pretty high limits, too.

Premiums vary from state to state. In NC there is no such thing as a
"Personal vehicle over 10,000 pounds", it is a commercial vehicle, and you
have to pay commercial rates for it. I ended up paying around $700.00 a
year (high liability only) because "I am using it to deliver product to my
customers, door to door" :-) Plate/registration are the same, over 10,000
pounds, and it is a commecrcial plate, even if I want a historic plate
(have to get two plates ???!!). A pickup truck is $26.00 year for the
plate, the Deuce is $279.00 a year. But, as such, I can drive it any time,
anywhere.

I called all the companies that are licensed to service NC and they are all
about the same (regulated). JC can only do comprehensive insurance in NC.

Shalom Ya'll
Amnon Nissan

Deltaforce
919-852-2121