8x Illum. Viewer & a RP PC

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 08:42:08 PDT

As part of my ongoing '39 Ford Panel / 115th
QM Regt / 7th Regt State Guard research is the
purchase of what eBay terms rppc or real photo
postcards.
  I've purchased three so far, with two more on the way...
  Unfortunately, only one was a true Real Photo, the other two were dot
matrix pics like in
a newspaper.
  But what a world I'm looking into! 60 years ago on the Central
California Coast at Camp San Luis Obispo (Home of the 40th Division).
  The photographer "Lennie" sat on a nearby hill
and took his shots.
  I can identify atleast 100 vehicles, mostly military! Boy did those
folks like 30's Chevy Suburbans! Must be close to ten of those...
I've noticed from my collection of various state's
N.G. unit yearbooks that EVERYONE liked Suburbans...
  I don't see any tracked vehicles. Several Dodge (Command Cars?) COE
Buses and
trucks, Cargo trucks with canvas tops--lots
of those.
  Soldiers drilling, but mostly just working, cuttting weeds, cleaning
up.
  Obviously some of the buildings are undergoing inside renovation, lots
of "junk"
out on the porches.
  I can tell you at this point that late 30's panel
trucks that WEREN'T ambulances are VERY unusual.
  Soldiers standing, walking, entering buildings.
  This postcard really made my day.
Thanks, Don Kenyon