Re: [MV] top speed of an M35

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 17:25:17 PDT

Hi Rikk...

>You would not need to do this if you bypassed the governor, but if you did
>that it would over-rev the motor.
>Hmmmmm..... there's a connection made, huh.

I did remove the "governor" and did not notice that much improvement
in towing capacity uphill, which is what I was really hoping for.

You won't over-rev your engine if you watch the tach...I never let it
go above the danger area EVER.

Propane would not over-rev the engine either...it produces more
horsepower and torque at any given RPM...it doesn't increase the RPMs.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net