Re: [MV] top speed of an M35

From: Bill George (primemover@2xtreme.net)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 20:27:35 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Newton" <jnewton@laurel.com>
Subject: Re: [MV] top speed of an M35
>If you really want to boost HP in a diesel you should fog the intake with
>propane.

YEP!!

>It's amazing.... Not the same kick as nitrous in a gas motor but a
>noticeable increase in power.

Not the same kick as N2O? Was good for an additional 100 horse and on the
dyno last weekend with my Powerstroke! Almost 200 ft.lbs more torque!!! I'm
gonna break stuff when I find time to install my stage 2 injectors:)

>I read about it and tried it with a hose and a cylinder. I was able to
open
>the valve and give my truck an added kick.

Bad idea, it's very easy to injest some liquid propane into your engine(not
so bad on a turbocharged rig). We all know diesels have no tolerance for
liquid in the cylinders. This is not a problem once a vaporizer is
installed.

>Could you elaborate on this a little?
Propane basically acts as a catalyist to completely burn the diesel fuel.
Benefits are cleaner oil, less fuel consumption, more power, and on my
Powerstroke I have seen a good 50 degree drop in exhaust temperatures.

Anyone else...is this OK for the engine for once-in-a-while usage?
My switch goes on when the truck starts up:) I run it all the time. I've
only been running my propane about a month now, but know several people who
have run it constantly for over 100K miles. It's a very safe and powerful
addition and has been around almost as long as diesels themselves just not
as widely known.

--

Jim "Ike"