Re: [MV] Gil Fab---WORM

From: Geoff Winnington-Ball (gwball@sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 20:14:13 PDT

Not really, Cliff. But one thing you CAN do is look at the detailed
headers and ensure the emails DID come from this guy's ISP, instead of
an alias. Then email his isp at abuse@his_isp.com, copy him, and
identify the trouble. He's probably not even aware of it.

It happened to me last week, when a guy's wife opened up a similar
virus-laden attachment and it subsequently emailed me 161 times! Locked
up my entire email system for an entire night. Neither of them were
aware of what was going on.

Hell, the NIMDA thing last week all but killed all dial-up traffic in
southern Ontario for four days last week, too.

People need to be educated; the swine in the computer world who write
these things aren't going to stop this crap until we start sending them
to jail for LONG periods for wilful and deliberate abuse of
communications privileges. The worst of it is, it's shows you just how
vulnerable we really are, though.

Geoff

--
Regards,

Geoff Winnington-Ball MAPLE LEAF UP! ==> Zephyr, Ontario, Canada ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2 http://www.mapleleafup.org <sunray@mapleleafup.org> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1st Canadian Armoured Carrier Regiment http://www.1cacr.org <info@1cacr.org> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~