Re: [MV] demill bill trucks

From: Muttguru@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 16:22:44 PDT

<< However, I think this is totally not the case, >>

Dear Listers.........

whatever interpretation or speculation may be offered by Listers.........
the safest way is to fight this legislation at every stage.

I have seen several letters of the wish-fulfilment kind, from folks who want
to believe that their MB, M29 etc etc wasn''t owned by DoD and thus will be
exempt......along with speculation that a sealed ignition system doesn't fall
within the remit of the term "amphibious".
It is all SPECULATION. Nothing wrong in that, as long as it does not detract
from the need for EVERYONE who owns an HMV to campaign vigorously against the
Bill.
All the pavement pundits may be right, but why allow things to get to the
stage where ordinary HMV owners have to challenge the interpretation of this
Bill in court?
And how many of these pundits have the wherewithall to fund a case against
the US Government?

Listen to the speculation, by all means, but don't be distracted from
fighting this Bill tooth and nail. Defeating the Bill will mean that everyone
can relax again, if only for another year.

By the way, did anyone manage to obtain a list of contributors to Levin's
campaign funds? It would be interesting to find out just WHO supports this
guy with cash.

Kind regards...
Ken