Re: [MV] Sme demilled weaopnry.

From: HOWARD WRIGHT (dvsww2@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Oct 08 2001 - 13:08:57 PDT

Ron, at the time when we should be united in preserving what is our private
property I cannot support your criticism of Darrel's post. I guess there is
a clear difference between us that reenact, vs the car show crowd that
would never put their MV into the field because the paint might get
scratched. Myself, I am a Class III Firearms Dealer and the vast majority
of reenacters have weapons that are duly registered with the government
which requires an extensive background check including finger prints and
mug shot with the FBI and BATF. There are a few live registered artillery
pieces, mortars and bazookas out their. All of the reenacter artillery
pieces and tank guns I have seen on the reenacter battle field have the
breeches cut and welded up and have either been converted to propane, or
use a 12 Gauge shotgun blank. Mortars are black powder with a small
lifting charge and a small charge to pop a bag of flower. Our Bazooka uses
a 12 Ga Blank and does not project a projectile. I have shared the thrill
as has Darrell yet I have full respect for the combat soldier that I and my
men portray. To label groups such as ours as a possible terrorist group is
DEAD wrong. I know our local politicians know who we are from parades and
events. Our relationship with the public is what will save the hobby,
whether it be MV, or reenacting.

EN...."

> Wait a minute, maybe Darrell is a staffer for Schumer or Hillary.....
> Yea, that's it. He's a troll. No MV owner could be that stupid...
> Right?

<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

--- HOWARD WRIGHT
--- dvsww2@mindspring.com