Re: [MV] SME and Rons Post, REAL LONG

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 10:30:50 PDT

At 7:54 PM -0400 10/8/01, Ron wrote:
>Well, well, well.... I seem to have stuck my foot in it this time.
> Very cogent, intelligent missives from Jim, Howard, Darrell and Jason.
>Not a flame in the bunch. So I'll take it from the top.
[snip]

An M37 is no more of a danger to the public than a Unimog or a Toyota
Land Cruiser (Technical!) is. All three are used by militaries the
world over. A Kenworth semi will tow a 155mm Howitzer just as easily
as a 5 ton truck will. A bank armoured truck will be just as
dangerous as that Greyhound if not more so if handled by the wrong
hands. So will a Greyhound bus for that matter.

Civilian owned Tanks have never been a problem to the civilian
population or to the government. Civilian owned Class III has never
been a problem for the government. Why does this law need to be
around in the first place again?

Because it may be a problem? That is spurious logic.

The fact that the NRA is very unhappy about this section is
important. It threatens all of the CMP rifles ever sold legally. Its
bad law, pure and simple.

I agree with Jay Travis, all the groups need to work together. Don't
focus on the differences, focus on the common points. If you say its
not a big deal because it doesn't affect your hobby directly then
you'll eventually suffer anyhow.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill             ----------           SW1025 H -