Re: [MV] purchasing a bus

From: Michael Howell (michael@tsixroads.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 21:51:47 PDT

I have bought county school buses at sealed bid for $200 to $400. That
was about 10 years ago. I have seen buses in the same condition bring
1500 to 2500 at public auction. I haven't seen any go through DRMO
around here. County sales usually only happen once every few years
around here.

I would expect to pay anywhere from $1500 for a well used but running
gas bus; to $10,000 and up for 2 or 3 year old big city school bus that
is still in good shape (which is what my county buys for the school system).

Mike
Tishomingo, MS