Re: [MV] NEW M151 Kettenkrad kit diversion

From: David Richoux (tubaman@wombat.net)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 17:45:00 PDT

Richard Lathrop wrote:

> A friend and I were kicking around a Kettenkrad kit awhile back.
>Of course the biggest issues would be the tracks and unique bits
>of the Kettenkrad. It is all in how original do you want it to be.

a friend of mine is starting to make molded-in-place replacement tread rubber for
Jac Littlefield's Kettenkrads (and you might know how particular HE is ;-) - I have
seen the metal links and IMO they would not be very hard for a competent machinist
to make very good copies on a CNC mill or they could even be sand cast. (it just
depends on how much you want to spend...)

Dave Richoux M151-A1 Los Altos Ca