Re: [MV] X-ref parts for MULE request

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 09:19:07 PDT

Hi Keith,

>You're quite welcome!

Ain't this list grand? :-)

>I haven't found a air filter that is the same. The closest I've found to the
>right size are the filters used in shop vacs.

Interesting. I just so happen to have a spare sitting in my garage that
might fit. Never thought of that!

>Grove or Watson probably have them.

Yeah, I figure they do. However, I don't care about having stuff like
this be NOS so I rather buy off the shelf new and not consume a NOS part
and potentially shortchange someone who really cares to have one.

> The closest automotive filter I've found is too short. I figure if it
>fits every other way you could stick a piece of foam under it.

OK, that was what I was thinking of doing. I have piles of insulation
foam that will work just fine.

>So far I've
>gotten by with blowing them out with a air hose.

I tried that. Unfortunately there was quite a bit of rust in the support
struts and at sometime water was introduced in there as well. The result
is the filter material is saturated with rust particals and falling
apart. I tried to use air through it and nothing came out of it. I
cleaned out the struts as best I could but the problem is likely to
happen again over time. Oh well, if I didn't want to have these
"problems" I would have bought a new ATV, right? :-)

>P.S. I'd love to have a weasel!!!!!!!!

They are certainly a joy to own if you have the room to go out and play.
Also, I notice that when working on my Weasels I tend to keep more skin
on my knuckles and use less profanities than when I work on my MULE :-)

Steve