Re: [MV] PE95 G Gen Set

From: chaz@goatpark.f9.co.uk
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 14:36:46 PST

I've also got a PE 95 G for standby use and it will happily power everything
I've got in the house and workshop except the compresser which draws about
40 amps on startup. I'm in Scotland so we're on 240 volts not 110. The PE
has a set of link bars which can be moved to give 240 volts and 40ish amps
or 120 volts and twice the amps. The only troubles I've had with it are fuel
related, 1/ the modern fuels die in the tank after a few months, 2/ they eat
the fuel lines, 3/ it drinks 1.1 gallons every hour #:o( I've given up with
petrol and now run it on propane with nothing more than a normal ajustable
regulator and the pipe feeding the propane to just above the carb. Works
beatifully #:o) Though I really should add a solenoid valve to cut off the
propane in case the gen. stops for some reason and I blow the shed up.......
Cheers,

Chaz
        http://freespace.virgin.net/chaz.mackenzie/home.htm