Re: [MV] PE95 G Gen Set

From: J. Forster (jfor@onemain.com)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 16:36:59 PST

> iit drinks 1.1 gallons every hour #:o(

Yesrs ago, I was told by a old Navy CPO that an engines used a pint per
horsepower hour. That says that this unit is about 10 hp or about 7500 watts.

> I've given up with petrol and now run it on propane with nothing more than a
> normal ajustable
> regulator and the pipe feeding the propane to just above the carb. Works
> beatifully #:o) Though I really should add a solenoid valve to cut off the
> propane in case the gen. stops for some reason and I blow the shed up.......

I've done the same on an old one-lung, horizontal pump engine, except I
connected the propane regulator output to the main feul needle valve. Worked
fine ans was easier to start than gas. That said, you need an auto shut off. It
is deadly without it.

-John