RE: [MV] [MVlist] M38 & "real speed".

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 09:44:26 PST

This is some of the info and questions I am needing.......

>>Fuel delivery via
weak pump or clogged filters.

Using an elect pump for now, no pump on the motor when we bought the jeep.

Filter looked OK, when I redid the tank.

>>Plugged up intake or exhaust.

On the intake side, it has the wrong carb, but it seems to be near enough to
the right size.
On the exust side, it has the "riser" in place, it does not move free but
does stay where you put it.
Moving it seems to make no difference, what direction IS open?

>>Missing at
40mph is a clue that something specific is wrong- plugged carb jets or
weak coil. Do you get a genuine *blue* spark?

I will, recheck the jets, and coil, I will have to look to see if the spark
is blue.

thanks again, this will help.

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
(580)762-3157 rkltd@swbell.net