Re: [MV] Drawing Packages

From: Rick (lathrrs@snip.net)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 19:55:06 PST

Ken,
I think your link put us on the right track. However you did not take the next
step. Take the link to ASSIST http://astimage.daps.dla.mil. From a quick read it
is a database of all military standards from 1964 forwards. I did a quick blanket
search (available to the general public) for FSC 2320 and got 146 hits. In it was
the Miltiary specifications for the M151a2 dates 1/19/76. It also lists the
preparing and maintaining organization which no surprise is TACOM. I found the
M35. M37 and the M274 listed. What was listed was the defense document number and
the maintianing agency.

So what we have found is the first step, the document number, the next is to get
a copy. If anything I have learned is that half the battle in dealing with the
government is speaking to them in a language they understand. If you say how do I
get a copy a MIL-T-45331P you are going to get farther then can I get copies of
xxxx plans.

If anything I love the fact that the government has moved most of its stuff to
the Internet. For all we complain about the US government I think this is
probably one of the greatest unsung achievements they have done. How long would
we have searched for this 10 years ago? I found it in 5 minutes.

Rick