Re: [MV] M37 generator/regulator adjustment

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 08:05:36 PST

Modern cars I drive are cruising @ 15.0vdc or even more. So that does not
seem to be too high for a pair of 12v batts. Assuming your voltmeter is
fairly accurate. Are your batts really fresh? Old marginal batts just sort
of sit there and bubble a lot as they try to receive charging, but most of
the energy is going into heat and bubbles.

Are you really driving that M37 for hours and hours? That would be extra
points for you. 8^)

In <list-1370501@skylee.com>, on 11/19/01
   at 11:05 AM, "Doyle, John D" <JDoyle@framatech.com> said:

>I'm cooking batteries in my M37. The ammeter
>is in the red on the high end of the scale. It's
>not off the scale, but it's definitely in the red.

>I checked with a voltmeter and found 28.4v across
>the circuit. Is that too high?

>Is the regulator that controls the generator on
>an M37 electrical system adjustable? I read
>paragraphs 2-32 through 2-35 in TM 9-2320-212-20
>and it didn't give any help other than saying to
>have either generator or the regulator replaced,
>depending on situation.

>Thanks,
>John

Bill