Re: [MV] WWII Russian 5-ton trucks?

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 10:32:44 PST

Hello Alan

>Seeking info on WWII era Russian trucks heavier than 2.5 tons. And NOT
>lend-lease.Who knows what the Soviets were using early, in 1941?

Apparently almost all trucks were 2.5 tons or less. Mostly based on Ford
and American Autocar licenses. They apparently had two heavier trucks of
their own design, but few were in service. These were the YaG-10 and
YaG-12. I don't have any information on these beyond their designations.
 About 272,000 trucks of all types were in service at the time war broke
out.

Steve