Re: [MV] WWII Russian 5-ton trucks?

From: Carl Payne (cpayne@demi.net)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 10:45:13 PST

At 01:32 PM 11/21/2001 -0500, islander wrote:
>Apparently almost all trucks were 2.5 tons or less. Mostly based on Ford
>and American Autocar licenses.

You sure? What about the ZiLs and Tatras? While the latter is Czech, it
is the T in so many Russian designations. Maybe that's why they invaded
Czechoslovakia? Tatra has been around for a hundred years, methinks.

When did the ZiL 131 / 151 come out? Or the ZiL Essence? When did Ural
come into being? Kamaz? BTW, did Kraz become Kamaz?

Oh geez, now I've done it: I've asked more questions than answered. I'm
going to go hide under a rock and ask Santa for that Tatra 813...

Carl

e pluribus unix