Don't open this if it has an attachment!!

From: Julian Burke (julianb@esper.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 21:53:31 PST

Don't open anything from me with an attachment. Apparently, I picked up a
virus two nights ago and it sent emails out to everyone in my address book
and other emails from the list. I was having serious trouble with my
computer and had to reinstall Windows 98. The problem was that I had wiped
out the virus scanner in the reloading of Win98 and almost immediately got a
virus from another user. I never send attachments unless I'm sending
pictures which I rarely do but I think I have fixed the problem.
It is a trojan virus, "Badtrans".
If you opened the attachment, you should go to http://www.symantec.com and
they have a free virus scan and it will tell you if you have the virus and
also tell you how to eliminate the infected files. I caught it from another
member on the list and it immediately started sending this virus to everyone
who had a email in my machine. Folks, I am very sorry for this but it goes
to show these virus' are everywhere and it is very worthwhile to have an up
to date virus scanner. If you even have an older virus scan, you can
usually download an upgrade from whoever your virus scanner is from. Sorry
again and look for new articles for your CUCV!
Julian