Re: [MV] Virus

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 14:05:48 PST

At 7:56 PM +0000 11/27/01, Richard Notton wrote:

>I can't see why all the fuss. Why denigrate Outlook Express and Explorer,
>sure we all like to take a pop at MS, but.

Because the default is to open the attachment. Outlook Express and
Explorer and the MS suite has had this security vulnerablility for
how many years? Have they really fixed it? No. I don't have a problem
with these viri since I use Eudora and it doesn't automagically talk
to the OS about magically installing software or running apps with
out my specific input to do so. People that use other less "gifted"
apps don't have this problem either.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill                                  SW1025 H -