Re: [MV] how does multifuel work?

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 12:40:58 PST

In a message dated 11/28/01 3:31:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
JaxInCalifornia@aol.com writes:

<< I know we've talked about this before, my apologies for forgetting, but
how
 does the multifuel system work? Can you mix the fuels together or do you
 have drain and fill with one or the other? >>

Mixing fuels is permitted...the multifuel engine in a compression ignition
engine that works on the Hypercycle combustion process...most of the fuel is
injected in liquid form into a cup on top of the piston. An air swirl
atomizes it gradually, and it burns.
Except for very early LDS-427 engines, all multifuels came with a fuel
density compensator mounted on the injection pump.
Do not use av-gas, and avoid automotive gasoline as well, diesel, kerosene,
jet-fuel, turbine fuel all work fine.
Hope this helps,
David