M211/M135 project truck (parts availability)

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 05:08:00 PST

    My father is looking at a M220 which needs some work. Maybe a lot of
work. I was wondering how hard it is to get parts for these things. It has
not run in some time, but the running gear seems solid. It looks complete,
but the body is a little rough. It could really use a hood, doors and
bumper. I'm not sure about the cab condition, but the van body is a little
rough, too. Of course, I have only done a cursory examination of it. I did
not actually crawl around it to check out everything.
    -- Are these van bodies the same as M109 trucks?
    -- Are sheetmetal parts (fenders, hoods, etc) available for these
trucks?
    -- What about mechanical parts?
    -- What are the important (hard to get) parts that it should have.

    Any information on parts sources (new or used) would be greatly
appreciated. We are supposed to go look it over more closely in the next few
weeks.

    Thanks,
        Neil

1971 General Products M35A2, Turbo, w/Winch