Re: [MV] M35 dash lights

From: Mark J. Blair (mblair1@home.net)
Date: Sat Dec 08 2001 - 09:16:11 PST

"uniquemachine" <uniquemachine@air1.net> wrote:
> The dash lights in my truck(obviously incorrect) stick out of the
> dash and illuminate the whole cab interior red.

They are supposed to stick out about 1/8", but they're also supposed
to have rubber gaskets between the lamp cover and dash plate, thus
keeping the light from leaking out. The rubber gaskets often dry up
and crumble away. The original gasket is a preformed doohickey, but if
you're not a stickler for originality, an O-ring will solve your
problem. I don't remember exactly what size works best; I just grabbed
one out of my O-ring kit. If necessary, I could go figure out the dash
number of the O-ring I used.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/