Re: [MV] CUCV starter problems

From: Stu Ellis (stuellis@mediaone.net)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 14:35:10 PST

Just a thought. The started bolts are 2 different sizes. If one is not
shorter then the other, then one will not really snug down. It will feel
like it is snug, because one is too long and will bottom out before it is
really snug allowing starter to move when starting. I had this problem with
my starter after having it rebuilt. I bought 2 new bolts that were same
size, and ruined the new bendix within 1 week.

Stu Ellis
Seatrade International
#603-437-1392