Re: [MV] Machine Gun on M151A1 plus carb question

From: kuhrick (kuhrick@home.com)
Date: Fri Dec 28 2001 - 07:04:13 PST

sounds like its not geting gas at cracking speeds
is it a elc. fuel pump or motor run
the civy. motor run pumps get weak and wont pump unless the motor is runing
starting it with ether will show that or not
some elc. fuel pumps have a high speed by pass to run tham faster
wane motor is cracking

>3) I'm having difficulty starting the vehicle after its been sitting for
>several hours or more. It cranks over and over but won't start. I have a
>hill on my property and the only way I've been able to start it is rolling
>down the hill and popping the clutch. My theory is that I might have a
>vacuum leak and that the higher revolutions from the push start overcome the
>leak? I rebuilt the carb several years ago and have two other good Take Out
>Carbs I was thinking about switching out and making sure there were no
>leaks. What is the best way to check for a leak? It starts on the first
>revolution when warm.
>
>Thanks,
>Tony
good luck