Re: [MV] compression

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Tue Jan 01 2002 - 10:17:02 PST

>... so you would need to get
>ahold of a bad injector, gut it, and screw compression gauge into it.

The only problem is that the commercial injector adapters have check valves
in the very end, at least mine do. The extra air volume you add in the
injector and the hose and the gage would not give you a correct reading at
all, the check valve will isolate that extra volume and allow the gage to
get 'pumped up' to the actual pressure that would be seen with an actual
injector in place.

However, I have made up such a device for a Bosh injector without a check
valve I used a generic 1000psi gage and a 3 foot piece of hydraulic hose.
It did not give me even close to normal readings (perhaps half of what I
expected) but I was able to tell that #1 was lower than the other 5 and in
fact I did find a cracked cylinder liner later.

good luck,

je