DUKW Parts (In Particular The Boots)

From: Steve S (dukw1@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 04 2002 - 20:49:58 PST

Hello everyone,

I'm restoring a DUKW (serial R3 868), in of all places New Zealand, and am
at the stage where I am needing to replace the boots and seals. I also need
3 new ring gears for the differentials (there has been water puddling in the
bottom of all 3 for a long time).

Does anyone know of a good supplier for the sealing boots and general DUKW
parts? A pointer for the ring gears would be great also, but these should
be standard GMC? US/UK etc suppliers are fine as I know there are zero in
NZ.

I'm also having huge problems getting 11" tires to fit 18" rims. Has anyone
any experience modifying the rims?

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Steve