Re: [MV] Very Poor Judgement

From: Richard Lathrop (lathrrs@snip.net)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 00:42:44 PST

I believe Julian makes a good point and I believe some additional points can be made.

The CUCV series like any other military vehicle is selected not only on its off road ability, it is also selected on its cost to operate and logistical support costs.

The CUCV was selected in the 80's when the theory was that the next war was going to be in Europe which happens to have a major road system. Additionally the CUCV was designed for the dedicated tactical vehciles to sit in the motor pool while the troops ran around in the CUCV on a daily basis, again cost savings in operation and logistics.

Probably the simpliest way to look at this is compare the mileage on a CUCV coming out of Levy Leatham versus the mileage on a compareable Hummer or M35.

I see more CUCV's running around on a daily basis then the Hummer or anything else.

Just my 2 Euros

Rick