Re: [MV] photos of mil-veh @ NARA

From: Steve Malikoff (MIL-VEH account) (44gpw@phaedra.apana.org.au)
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 02:07:34 PST

G'day all,
   This sounds like a money-making opportunity to me: go to the archives,
and, with PLENTY of time to spare, go through ther photos sequentially. Write
down the vehicles and equipment seen in each one, along with its catalogue
number. Type this all up into a spreadsheet or database, add a good index,
plonk it on a CDROM and flog same in MV magazines :) There's bound to be
people who'd buy it. Problem is, of course they'd then have to go to the
archives themselves to look up the catalogue (I wonder if NARA is anything
like the Australian War Memorial's archives, where they don't allow outright
distribution of their images; in fact they don't allow cameras, scanners,
notebook PCs or other recording devices into their repository).

Steve.
steven@phaedra.apana.org.au