Re: [MV] Gripe about Levy-Latham

From: SFCWBARZ@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 11 2002 - 09:49:44 PST

As far as I am concerned Levy-Latham (also known as Government Liquidation)
stink on ice. I have had problms with them in every auction I have
attempted. Their personnel are about as arrogant as they come; No time for
questions, they "may" show up at an unmanned site when scheduled but there's
no way of knowing, a vehicle listed at one location may actually be several
hundred miles away, (as I recently discovered)

This morning was the last straw. Sale 0586 was supposed to end at 1700 hours
EST yesterday. After 1645 their server supposedly took a dive and they
reopened bidding for a short period. Then, when either by accident or design
they discovered a lot of last minute bids (read as more money in their
pockets) they decided to reopen "certain" lots for several hours today.
Unfortunately for me a tow tractor which I thought I had one at a decent
price was one of the "certain items" (which all appeared to me to be select
items that originally went for low bids). The tractor is now in the wind
and the other items I was interested in and may have rebid on are no longer
available.

For those of you who have not bid with LL, read the fine print in their sales
agreement, basically it says they are always right, have the last word and if
you don't like it T.S.
I thought maybe it was just me but when I recently went to make a pick up I
met other guys outside the gate who were already bitchin' about their
service.

While DRMO wasn't perfect I always found the local personnel and the ones in
Battle Creek to be very professional, helpful and courteous (yes, their
forklift drivers were all pretty bad but at least they would always be around
to load!) Dealing direct with DRMO I never had a problem with EUC's or
paying with items when actually picked up. Additionally, if an item had been
altered, misdescribed or otherwise found to be undesirable, DRMO had no
problem in canceling the transaction (as long as you didn't make a habit of
it).

Oh well, back to the Motor pool.....

Willaim