Super Single inflation pressure (answer)

From: Richard & Matt Tait (rtait@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jan 12 2002 - 11:52:28 PST

Guys,
I answered my own question with data from TM 9-2323-272-10. Correct
pressure for the 14:00-20 radials is 55 PSI highway, 35 PSI cross
country and 20 PSI mud, sand and snow. Pressure is 80/40/25 PSI for the
expando shop vans and wrecker in this series. This data is for the "A1"
variant of the M900 series.

I guess it pays to read the operator's manual - even a ratty old one
that was once dropped in a mud puddle.

By the way, steering effort is greatly increased at 20 PSI, even with
power assist steering. Found this out with a low tire once.

Thanks,
Matt Tait

Hi List,

A friend of mine has 14:00-20 radial super singles on his M925 five ton
truck. Unfortunately, the data plate on the dash only lists inflation
pressures for the 11:00-20 duals. Can anybody recommend what correct
highway, cross country and mud and snow inflation pressures should be
for the 14:00-20's? The sidewall says they can carry 9700 LBS single at
100 PSI cold.

Thank you very much,
Matt Tait
Fullerton, CA