Re: [MV] How Does One Mount License Plates on a Deuce?

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 18:51:21 PST

Don't know about outside New Hampshire but my employer started
putting the license plates on the dump body tailgate, no lights for
plate and NONE of our trucks have been stopped. This started after
I asked a NH State Trooper knowing without a light it isn't legal
and his reply was " All we want is to be able to see the rear plate! "

    I have noticed over 35 other NH based companies doing the
same thing. Steve, take two license plate bolts and weld the
head onto the outside of the tailgate the proper distance apart.
Steve, next time you see a Continental truck dump truck go
by check the plate mounting. Not all have been done yet. I will
send you pics tomorrow.

James Shanks
86 HD FLHT-C
1998 IMZ 8.103