RE: [MV] Sale 602

From: Hutterer, John - Deltec (john.hutterer@deltec.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 05:42:28 PST

I have attended several GSA auctions here in Minnesota. I have to agree with
Jeff, to a certain extent. I have seen lots that nobody at the auction
initially thought would go for much sell for as much as double what was
expected. All because two or three guys just had to keep bidding against
each other. Auctions can have a tendency to drive up the price, but they
also offer the opportunity for the guy who just has to have something to
out-bid everybody else. Seems like the best return on our tax dollars.

On the other hand, I agree with Mr. Morgan, from Wisconsin. With DRMO's
Duluth and Sparta closed down, there is no place close for me to go to
attend a real DRMO auction. The old DRMO on-line sealed bid auction at least
let me participate, as it would seem that the GL system would do. I've been
too busy, lately, to take the time to bid on anything from GL, but at least
I know that it's there if I have the time to act on it.

Could GL's system be improved? I imagine so. I think that we would all admit
that DRMO wasn't perfect, either. Insulting the one guy from GL who has had
the integrity to address this List and ask for suggestions seems to me to be
a very foolish move, indeed. Let's leave politics and personalities out of
this discussion and see if we can't offer Dave Wright some positive
suggestions for the improvement of his company's product.

John