Re: [MV] Stuart v's Stewart THE REAL STORY

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 08:55:20 PST

In a message dated 1/28/02 10:06:59 AM Central Daylight Time,
M35products@aol.com writes:

<<
 << 2.5 ton truck - Deuce or Deuce and a Half/unnamed?

 "Eager Beaver" >>

The Eager Beaver (M34) appears to have been named by Reo Motors, and suggests
that the vehicle, like the beaver, is equally at home in water or on
land...has a nifty logo too. One of these days I'll get a publisher.....

Related, I am reasonably certain the P-51 was named Mustang by the Brits, the
US War Department liked Apache, but that only stuck for the A-36 attack
variant.
The P-40 in British hands was the Kittyhawk, the US went with alternately
Warhawk and Tomahawk. Had some neat info on this from Curtiss, but I donated
it to a museum some years ago.

DD