Re: [MV] Mr. Wright of GL

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2002 - 18:57:34 PST

--- Steve Grammont <islander@midmaine.com> wrote:
> Just curious how vehicles could be made to tie into
> this. Environmental
> considerations?

Yes, essentially...here is the gist of what I gathered
from the Texas Natural Resource Conservation
Commission (TNRCC). What they were trying to
institute was some sort of buyback program for
low-income families to get new(er) cars by condemning
their old, inefficient, pollution-belching cars
[right...].

BTW, I'm in graduate school ("poor-by-choice", as I've
been referred to). What it actually equated to was
they were going to be able to take my CUCV, for
instance, condemn it and give me $500 (if I'm lucky)
toward a new car. The $500 would have been funded by
the so-called "impact fee".

Clearly, one can see why this is wrong. Thankfully,
the TNRCC took it between the eyes on this issue.

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV