Hawaii trucks for sale

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 31 2002 - 09:43:17 PST

If you are looking at today's close on the Hawaii trucks offered on GL, don't be surprised at the low prices.

I lived in Hawaii and still own land there and I can tell you that invironment is not kind to steel! If those trucks have been there for 4 or 5 years, they are rust buckets.

I can see a lot of rust on them from just the pics GL has up. Keep in mind, the minimum freight to get a deuce to the Port of Oakland or Seattle is over $2000! Matson is the only line that hauls vehicles, least as far as I know and they charge plenty! I also believe maritime law requires that all vehicles be driven on to a R0/RO ship. Could be expensive to arrange that...mechanics are very pricey in Hawaii.

There is zero appeal for these trucks in Hawaii... A $1000 minimum on a deuce almost makes it unsellable, least to us mainlanders. Would have to be a real cherry rig to get somebody to jump through all the transport hoops and pay the big price to get one here.

You could easily spend 4k getting one and it would still be a gamble if you got a good one or one beat to death.

Think this minimum bid thing is going to cost GL more than it makes em.

My 2 cents worth....

Jack (Been snowing in California) Lee