Re: [MV] Novel US GOVT. Mod to an M35A2

From: A762x54mm@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 18:19:57 PST

rojoha@mediaone.net writes:

<< http://www.surplusbid.com/auction/lotinfo.cfm?eventid=0602&lotid=8711 >>

This is the second time up for auction on this truck, there is also another
with a flat bed on it and winch in the bed.. Of course who in the hell lives
anywhere near Holloman AFB?
800 Miles from me!
The truck is actually at White Sands Missle Range. I called and inquired
about it last year. I was told it was a runner and is in good shape by the GL
POC, Michael Rivera....of course this is the same GL employee that told me to
come on out and look at some trucks, then decided after I had driven 756
miles to El Paso that I couldn't look at them. There is not much of a market
in El Paso for these things. If you want it bid low. I bet it sells for less
than a grand......if at all. Transportation from that area will probably be
expensive. I was quoted $2.50 a mile to haul a deuce and a half from there.
Good thing I have my own transporter!

Gene Rivers
72 AM/Gen M35A2 6x6 "Deuce and a Half"
2 1/2 ton Troop/Cargo Truck, Hard Top Cab, Troop Seats,
478ci Multi-Fuel Tubo Diesel, 10,000# PTO Winch, Air Shift Front Axle.
"Got Mud?"